Are you sick? If so, there are things you need to do to keep your toothbrush in tip-top shape and minimize the amount of germs living on your oral hygiene tool. Our dentist, Dr. Keith Blackmon, is happy to tell you all about those things because you deserve a top-notch smile while you’re ill. Those things are:
– Make sure your hands are clean before you brush your teeth. You can do this by thoroughly washing them before you pick up your toothbrush.
– Rinse your toothbrush with warm water after you’re done brushing.
– Store your toothbrush upright so it can dry.
– Don’t cover your toothbrush with a toothbrush cover unless the bristles are no longer wet.
– Don’t share your toothbrush with anyone.
– Use a different tube of toothpaste if you regularly share toothpaste with your family.
– Don’t place your toothbrush in a toothbrush holder if your other family members also use that holder.
– Replace your toothbrush after you have recovered from your sickness.
To learn more about how to properly use your toothbrush when you’re sick, please reach out to our dental team in Dothan, Alabama, when you get the chance. All you need to do is contact Family Dental Care of Dothan at 334-792-5711. We are happy to give you the information you need so you can focus solely on recovering from your sickness. We look forward to helping you!